Monday, September 28, 2009

Assemblage Workshop


Do you live in Southern California?
Come visit me!!!
Steampunk Assemblage w/Brittany - $40.00
Added by Stampfully Yours
Event Details
Time: October 24, 2009 from 10am to 1pmLocation: Stampfully YoursStreet: 252 East Grand Ave.City/Town: Escondido, CA 92025Phone: 760-480-8114Event Type: workshopsOrganized

Steampunk: A sub-genre of fantasy and speculative fiction that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century, and often Victorian era England.
Nicho: Made from mixed media and traditionally combine elements from Roman Catholicism, mestizo spirituality, and popular culture.
Attend this workshop and contribute to being "green" by recycling tin cans and turning them into wonderful works of art!Brittany will share with you various paint over and ink techniques. You'll also be using some found objects such as wire and broken jewels to create your nicho "Steampunk" style.
Supply List:
please bring your favorite adhesive, photocoppies of any personal pictures or letters, scissors, needle-nose pliers, a hammer and any broken jewelry to personalize your creation.
Other important workshop information:
*You may register in person, or by calling 760-480-8114.
Payment is due at the time of registration.
*Please note, reservations cannot be accepted via email.
*Registration will be accepted through 4:30 pm on Oct. 22, although the earlier you register, the better.
*A minimum 48 hour notice of cancellation is required to receive a store credit
I would love love to meet you

8 comments:

Alicia said...

how fun! too bad i live too far away, i'd love to try it out someday!

pinkglitterfae said...

I wish I could be there, I'd love to learn more about Steampunk...
have fun with it!

Mandala Michelle said...

Oh no! Another totally cool thing that I need to learn!! I'm sure that is going to be a great workshop. Have a blast.

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Definitely sounds fun - but I live in NC!

I'm a bit late, but I've just realized that I don't have your address for sending you the cards from my recent giveaway. Never mind that you couldn't choose just one painting, I appreciate your comments and would still like to send you the cards! There are links to my email or website contact form on my blog - please sne me your address!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Gorgeous dear!! Blessings and luck!

BALLET NEWS said...

thanks for the info -too far for me but sounds interesting !

Beth Dunn said...

Hope your show went well! xoxo

SC

icandy... said...

Too cool, girl! I only wish that I lived closer! That class looks awesome!
Hugs,
Christina
oxox